- Tuesday December 6 at 7:00pm (in person/online).
- Wednesday, December 7 at 8:00am (over the phone) 604-257-8130 ext 1.
Warm greetings from our wonderful Douglas Park community.
The winter 2023 brochure features a bevy of new programming including Spanish lessons for kids and adults, fundamentals of tai chi, qi gong, and parent and tot pottery. Looking for a new workout to get you through the winter? Give hula hooping on Thursday evenings a try!
We are excited about the results of our recent Needs Assessment Survey which gave us a very clear mandate to advocate with Park Board for a spray park at Douglas Park. The Needs Assessment heard from 893 households representing approximately 3,000 people and produced the following key findings:
- 93% of respondents said they would like to see the existing wading pool at Douglas Park converted to a new spray park;
- A need for more in-person interactions. Such interactions could be promoted through, among other things, more benches, picnic tables and picnic shelters; and
- A desire for better fitness opportunities which could include an enhanced fitness studio centre and fitness studios (e.g. yoga and spin).
A big thanks to all of you who participated in the survey. When we have the final report, we will post it on our website at douglasparkcc.org.
The DPCA Annual General Meeting was held on November 22, 2022. You can read Annual Report for the year 2021/22 on the Douglas Park website.
On behalf of the board, I would like to say thank you to our Park Board and DPCA staff at Douglas Park. We are grateful for the work you have done this past year to welcome the community back to the centre.